Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:10 pm by Z'ev

Share | 

Outside the Border

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aysel
Admin

PostSubject: Outside the Border   Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:50 pm

Dark, dense woods with towering trees partially surround the territory. Lone wolves roam these lands freely, and dangers lurk in the shadows. The beautiful mountains outline the land to the north and west.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://stipantelementorum.forumotion.com
Randen

PostSubject: Re: Outside the Border   Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:09 pm

If his neck would've swiveled any faster than it just did, it would've snapped.
Randen had been travelling for a long while now, this area in particular capturing his interest as of late. Something was different here; the shadows a little darker and the beams of sunlight a little brighter, a quality he had once associated with his old home. The vagabond had been wandering aimlessly around this area for a while now, trying to discover what made this place different, not even considering for a moment that perhaps he had lost his sanity a few miles back.
But a pang of realization hit his gut as not one, but two very distinct calls sounded in the distance, his ears shooting up and head turned the moment he recognized what was happening. The fog that had clouded his mind for the past few months rose and was replaced with a burning sense of anticipation. Wolves.
He knew better than to follow the noises or to return the calls, but to rather let the strangers approach him. It was a reversed hunt, he mused, and he was a willing victim. So instead, Randen simply trodded nearer to the origin of the noise, and then plopped his haunches down firmly on the ground, a smug look masking his anxiety. What if they're hostile? What if they're just two other wanderers and I am wasting more of my time? What if-
His running thoughts were cut off by some animal or force of nature that caused the branches above him to dance, his cold amber gaze peering upwards as if searching for a distraction. If they didn't approach him, he would have to make the first move on his own, and that hardly ever ended well, at least in his experience.
The brute made a game of predicting where the strangers would appear - if they decided to approach him at all - and raked his gaze through the thick smattering of trees. Thumping his tail rhythmically on the cool ground, he couldn't help but be optimistic. Where there were two, there were bound to be more... right?

Mentioned: Aysel & Rosalee (kinda)
Addressed: N/A
Other: Hope this an okay beginning... I'm a little rusty.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sergill

PostSubject: Re: Outside the Border   Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:40 pm

Through the thick of the trees and low mist, his tall figure, dirtied with scent masking soil, silently eases a way towards the presence of another. Can’t be too far now… They’re on the move. He notes always ongoing to the situations as they happen. Splitting though his internal monologue is the recognisable howl of the pack Alphas. Two large Southern canid ears rise to the echoes of his Alphas howl. Dull greenish blue eyes bore across the distance of where the territory border lies. Who are you? A question occurs in curiosity as the scent of the wolf lingers. Suddenly the distraction of rattling branches deters him from closing in. The wolf is barely visible through the low fog. A face isn’t identified and the stranger moves on. Continuing on, Sergill plans for a number of reactions. How best to grab your attention… He ponders without any detectable haste. Eyeing the male he makes a decision to not simply approach. I’m too bored for that. Stopping to a halt he lets the wolf carry on before visibly sitting a way almost beyond his sight. He now draws his attention to a rock. Lifting the paw sized stone off the cold dirt lifted ground; he swings his head back once and forward with force to lunge the object in the general directions of the other but not before him, a reasonable distance behind. The rock thuds on the ground.

Last edited by Sergill on Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Randen

PostSubject: Re: Outside the Border   Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:04 pm

It feels like an eternity. Randen is sitting in silence, staring at the trees and nearly begging them to show signs of movement. The thumping in his chest is hurting, and he is beginning to think that he will have to make the first move. His games and distractions are failing him, and he can feel the familiar weight settle in his chest. Perhaps he had imagined it?
It almost doesn't register in his mind when sudden sound startled him a foot into the air, jumping 180 degrees around as a small rustle of leaves disturbs his worrying. His muscles are tense and his already frazzled pelt seems unusually alive as his eyes dart around the area. He could've sworn he was alone, but figures that it was another slip of the nose, as he finds himself lacking in use of his own snout.
After a few more moments of tense stillness, Randen allows himself to swivel a bit, searching for the source of the sound, and almost laughing hysterically at a stone that seems to have landed directly behind were he was just sitting. It only takes a few more glances before he spots another male, just barely visible in the thick cloaking of trees.
"Alright mate, a simple hello would've done the trick," Randen grins, letting out warm laughter and silently hoping that this stranger wasn't going to give him a good tussle. He'd have to run, and he really couldn't be bothered.
"Sooo, are you gonna come have a chat or am I gonna break the ice all on my own?" He presses, inching closer to the unnamed male. Randen's muscles visibly relax and he finds himself swishing his long, awkward tail as the familiarity of conversation pierces the once silent air. He finds himself greedily drinking in the sight of the stranger, as it was always a relief to see one of his own species. When travelling alone for such a long time it is easy to convince oneself that they're the last of their kind, like Randen has often done.
The brute stops his advances at a reasonable distance and shifts his weight in a way that was meant to be casual, but looks awfully awkward with his odd build. Even if the stranger ran, Randen was thankful for the excuse to use his voice.
"The name's Randen, mind telling me why you were so angry at that stone?"

Mentioned: Sergill
Addressed: Sergill
Other: Oi this was terrible but YAY

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sergill

PostSubject: Re: Outside the Border   Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:37 pm

The sight of the stranger’s reaction has the corners of Sergills mouth tugging. All too soon however, the shocked expressions of the other are dissipating as he addresses the creeper through the trees. A faint grumble escapes his jaws. Face falling to a bored look he shifts his weight cautiously as the other draws closer with an affable and more forthcoming greeting, more than Sergill was initially prepared for. Staying silent as is his nature, he lets the wolf fill out conversation he doesn’t feel like inserting himself. Only once he claims himself to be called Randen does the scruffy furred male begin padding towards him and digesting the situation. A few seconds gap from Randen’s last input does the quieter one speak up. “I’m Sergill,” he introduces almost welcomingly before quickly continuing on a less friendly response. “What purpose do you have being here?” Sergill questions with a serious tone well matched to his voice. He picks out a seven foot distance from the male and stands rigidly.

Last edited by Sergill on Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Randen

PostSubject: Re: Outside the Border   Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:06 pm

Randen takes the time between his speech and the stranger's reply to get a better look at the grey male before him. There is a patient silence between them before he hears a reply, a relief like he never knew washing over him. It's lovely, Randen thinks, to hear a voice other than your own.
After learning that the stranger's name is Sergill, Randen resumes his earlier sitting position and listens carefully to what his newest acquaintance has to say.
“What purpose do you have being here?” The question strikes Randen. What is his purpose? He knows that something was drawing him here, but what the unnamed force is, Randen is still unsure. Sergill's tone seems a little less welcoming, but not exactly threatening either, so he goes with his gut and tells the truth.
"Well, Sergill," Randen begins, giving a small smile at the sound of saying someone else's name, "I am not exactly sure. Been wandering 'round for a little while and I heard some howling just now, but something tells me it wasn't yours." He lets out a small breath and tilts his head, shifting his sitting position to get more comfortable.
"I suspect a pack is near, am I wrong in assuming that you are a part of it? Because if you are, I didn't mean to intrude... just lookin' for a place to shack up I suppose," Randen rambles, still glancing around but not really sure what he is looking for.

Mentioned: The pack, Sergill
Other: N/A

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sergill

PostSubject: Re: Outside the Border   Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:13 pm

Noticing Randen struggle to find a reason for his presence here, Sergill gives a slightly pressuring look of faint impatience until he responds, though the answers that came from this apparent loner weren't exactly what he was expected.
The moment Randen begins his explanation, Sergill motions into a circling pace with delicate steps on his longer, bony paws. Carefully listening with high perked ears, his view dances about the eye-catching ground of autumn leaves; however he may look distracted his attention is hardly diverted from the male while he continues to speak. Sergill found himself intrigued to find out what this wolf would say, He's definitely a talker, he notes to himself. “You’re right, there is a pack. I’m their Scout.” He states plainly at the point of his completed circle, now standing with a focused stare towards Randen. The mood shifts with his own desire to get moving towards the territory den himself now. He gives a glance in the direction if it but makes little of it, as if glaceing at another stone to throw. I wonder why Aysel and Rosalee gave a howl? He wondered before redirecting his attention as it was. “If ye needing a patch to stay at I can take you to the Alphas; see what ya think of the place, maybe they'll accept you in.” He offers kindly with a glimpse of relaxed dialect though his speech was sped up a touch. Not a second passes before giving his first conclusions about his newest acquaintance, looking him up and down. No malicious traces... I wonder how long he's been alone. I can't smell any company on him. Observation was as keen as he bothered to stretch it. “Although I imagine by the way you’ve reacted to my presence, you’ll be happy to see anyone. Or are you always like that?” Sergill responds with light humor, regrettably portrayed through the tone of his voice. The question sounded rhetorical but it might as well have been genuine for the initial dread of having what seemed a socially bold wolf like himself in such as close proximity with pack life.

Mentioned: Randen, Asyel, Rosalee
Addressed: Randen
Other: Better colour choice. Also still finding my way around this previously untested character.

Last edited by Sergill on Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Randen

PostSubject: Re: Outside the Border   Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:20 pm

Maybe it was due to lack of practice, but Randen couldn't help but feel a tad unnerved by the conversation that was taking place. His counterpart was moving in a slow circle and seemingly distracted, but Randen had the sense that Sergill was very alert of every move he made. He tried to roll his shoulders back a bit while he listened to the response, as if the action would help shake the dust off his social skills.
The brownish male simply gives a nod after learning that there is, indeed, a pack,and was correct in assuming that the blunt statement would soon be followed up. He stayed silent, waiting for the reply and not trusting his voice to hide his nerves from the new acquaintance.
“If ye needing a patch to stay at I can take you to the Alphas; see what ya think of the place, maybe they'll accept you in.” At this Randen's ears perk, digesting the words and change in tone. A corner of his mouth lifts at the sound of a previously undetected Scottish accent. He also couldn't help but feel a shiver at the prospect that perhaps there was a place for him in this usual land. He knew it was foolish to assume so quickly, but at this point in his loneliness Randen would jump at the chance even if it meant certain rejection.
“Although I imagine by the way you’ve reacted to my presence, you’ll be happy to see anyone. Or are you always like that?” Randen is now smiling, finding traces of humor in Sergill's voice. Now that was familiar.
"Is my desperation that obvious?" he chuckles, shaking out his frazzled coat and standing to match Sergill's stance, feeling it was only polite. "I'm always a mess, chap, but yes, it's been a while since I've seen a friendly face. And I'd be happy to meet your crew, your kindness is much appreciated."

Mentioned: Sergill and his "crew"
Other: As am I, no worries.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sergill

PostSubject: Re: Outside the Border   Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:08 am

Seeing Randen’s mood pick up with the offer from Sergill, his need for some company couldn’t be less of a secret. His slight humor didn't receive much of an externally expressed response of amusement however, it was only more reflective of Sergill himself than Randen's humor. "I'm always a mess, chap, but yes, it's been a while since I've seen a friendly face. And I'd be happy to meet your crew, your kindness is much appreciated." My kindness? He wondered though came to the conclusion that perhaps most packs Randen stumbled upon, intentionally or not, could easily have been expected to behave aggressively towards vagabonds. Still very much convinced however that his face can't be the same friendly one as mentioned. Cynicism being there to dilute any positivity; maybe he became too used to it, maybe he forgot how to not be cynical. Either way he still allows a curious look on this occasion as he'd never been labelled friendly from looks ever before. “Mind, it’s a crew being a bit on the small side,” he admits as if it were a warning, almost expecting a drop in Randens interest or excitement to meet them. “Nice bunch though.” He continues while taking the first steps towards their shared destination through the territory border. “Well, the rest of them anyway.” He adds with the same serious tone as apparently usual, he didn't know whether to make a joke out of it or not, probably best to keep newcomers at a distance for a while. He reassures himself.

Mentioned: Randen, the pack
Addressed: Randen
Other: Moving to ‘Within the Border’ after your next post if that's fine.

Last edited by Sergill on Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Randen

PostSubject: Re: Outside the Border   Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:47 pm

He spots the change in Sergill's expression, but tries not to let it get to him. Feeling responsible for keeping the mood light, Randen simply freezes the slight smile on his face and listens closely, trying to ignore the creeping thoughts of Did I already mess it up? and Was it something I said? He had an image to uphold now that he knew that there were first impressions to be made. That also meant holding back the urge to do something stupid like pretend to trip or crack a dirty joke to lighten the mood. He got the sense Sergill wouldn't appreciate these things, anyway.
“Mind, it’s a crew being a bit on the small side. Nice bunch though.” Randen nods his head in understanding, hiding his relief. He could handle a few new faces, and meeting a whole army of protective pack mates sounded like a bigger challenge than he was willing to take on.
“Well, the rest of them anyway.” At this Randen frowned, but stayed silent for a while as he flanked Sergill, following him in the direction of what he now knew was pack territory.
Sergill wasn't that bad, was he? Maybe Randen had been alone for so long now that even the most sour brat could be with him and he'd still be smitten, but he had yet to pick out anything bad about the other canine. Perhaps a bit eccentric when it came to getting attention, but other than that, he couldn't think of much. He didn't want to push, however, and replied with a simple "Lookin' forward to meetin' them."
After that the only sound was the slight rustle of foliage shifting under his weight, and maybe a whispered cuss or two when Randen knocked his paws on fallen branches.

Mentioned:
Sergill
Other: Sounds good. I'll follow you in.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Outside the Border   

Back to top Go down

Outside the Border
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1