Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:10 pm by Z'ev

Share | 

Hunting Grounds

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shina

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Grounds   Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:43 pm

After a few bites, the creamish fae was satisfied. She sat down, licking her muzzle before lifting her dirty paw to clean it too. As Ahora left the group, Shin's gaze followed her, wondering where was she going. Soon the she-wolf was back with some herbs to take care of the male's scratch. He is lucky Ahora is here, she thought to herself, 'cause if she wasn't, Shin could do nothing but lick his face - what he probably wouldn't like much. She could even imagine his face of disgust. Shin smiled softly at her thoughts, soon dismissing it, so they wouldn't think she was some kind of crazy who laughed alone. Well, actually, maybe that was exactly what she was being right now. She grinned again.
Shaking her head, the she-wolf, the layed on her side, sighing heavily as she stretched her paws in the cold snow. She didn't feel as full like that since... well, since the last hunt with her family. Family... she whispered, watching the cold smoke coming out of her mouth and dismissing with the breeze. A word she might never feel again. All her hopes of future, all the ranks she intended to gain in her old pack, all the things she once dreamed to have, the love she used to think she would find. All those things were nothing but a very distant memory that would soon fade away within the face of her father and her brother.
Now there was not a single known face, except for these two whose she was determined to not leave. Even if she was nothing for them, they just hunted together and did pretty well. That kinda made them different for her eyes. But nothing of that mattered. Not now, at least.
In an attempt to run from her thoughts, Shin closed her eyes, remaining motionless, just feeling the wind blow gently her light fur, caressing her body as she rested from their recent feat.

Addressed: --
Mentioned: Ahora, Z'ev
Notes: Sorry if it's kinda too deep, I was inspired ;3

View user profile
Ahora

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Grounds   Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:43 pm

“ Thank you Ahora.” Replied Z’ev. Ahora grabbed some of the grass and put it on Z’ev head using her muzzle. She put pressure on the wound with her paw, to stop the bleeding. When the grass was soaked with blood, she added another layer of grass,    keeping pressure on it for awhile until the bleeding completely halted . Once it stopped, she removed the grass, and licked away the remaining strands. Turning around, she sneezed with her mouth open, trying to get the sticking strands of grass off her tongue. After, she reached down and began to chew the Calendula stem. Once it was broken down, she went over to Z’ev and spit the herbal treatment on his wound,  rubbing it in with her paw.  When she was done, Ahora backed up and smiled. “ All done.” She reached down and put a bundle of Calendula stems and laid them in front of Z’ev. “ Everyday, in the morning, chew one stem and put it on your wound. Leave it there until it’s ‘high sun’ and then you can wash it off. It should help speed up healing, and it should prevent infections.” Getting up, she walked back to her elk leg, and began to feast, giving a smile to Shina. Once she was done, she licked her muzzle, and rolled over on her side, pondering the taste she just experienced. “ That was pretty good, I thought elk would taste really rough compared to fish.” Ahora said in surprise. “I’m so full though… How about you guys?” Ahora perked her head up.

Addressed: Z’ev, Shina
Notes: that was awesome haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z'ev

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Grounds   Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:46 pm

Z'ev looked around waiting for Ahora. During this time, he noticed how Shina was just standing there and laughing. He raised an eyebrow as a smirk plastered amongst his muzzle feeling confused. What was going through her mind? It almost made him laugh too. Damn she had a contagious laugh, he hadn't laughed in a while. Then a cold mist escaped her mouth as she mumbled something. Sounded like she said family. His ears suddenly flattened a little. He knew exactly how it felt and he could almost understand her thoughts. At the moment, we were probably the closest thing to family. He felt bad if he had to leave the two she-wolf, especially since Shina seemed so lonely, upset and vulnerable at the time. The brute felt like he had to reassure her, looking down at the she wolf he let it out without even thinking twice. "Everything's going to be fine." He furrowed his eyebrows as he looked away his cold behaviour dismissed his thoughts.

Shaking it off he watched Ahora's every movement to see what she was doing. As she put pressure on his wound with the grass to stop the bleeding, he let out a faint growl from the sting. After she took it off and licked the rest of the grass away. He wrinkled his nose and closed his eyes as they started watering. Once she was done healing his wound, he smiled slightly feeling less of a pain. It wasn't that bad. He thought as he shook his pelt.  Then she put some herbs in front of him and told him to take it every morning. He nodded to her instructions and examined the herbs. It was strange for him to have a canid along who knew about healing. In his old pack he didn't have any canids of such. It was basically, get hurt and just shrug it off or man up and wait until it goes away.

The brute turned around and carried on feasting on his carcass. Suddenly, his ears flicked as Ahora began another conversation saying how she enjoyed it and it wasn't rough compared to the fish. She was indeed a conversationalist and that was good for Z'ev because he's not much about talking. As he swallowed his last piece of carcass he replied. "Right. I'm full too, haven't ate in a while so I'm pretty satisfied." He nodded with a smirk. He definitely felt like he had a lot more energy now that he consumed some food. Licking his muzzle clean he stretched his sore taut muscles and lied down. The cold breeze howled against his rough pelt as he closed his coloured orbs relaxing.

Mentioned: Ahora, Shina
Addressed: Ahora
Note: Lol don't worry, it was pretty nice to read haha.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shina

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Grounds   Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:04 pm

"Everything's going to be fine" the brute stated, making Shin perk her ears and slowly open her eyes to face him. Her blue orbs could only get a few seconds of Z'ev's kindness before he changed back to his coldness self, looking away. I hope so... she thought, holding her gaze on him for a while, with a blank on her mind.
“That was pretty good, I thought elk would taste really rough compared to fish. I’m so full though… How about you guys?” the fae's voice made her turn her gaze to her. She lifted her body, sitting down. "Right. I'm full too, haven't ate in a while so I'm pretty satisfied" the male answered. She smiled, still gazing the she-wolf. "I am too. And we still have plenty of meat here" she replied, lowering her head to look at the carcass.
A few seconds of silence passed before she opened her mouth again. "But I can still run" she added, getting up. With a quick movement, she surrounded the carcass, bouncing on Ahora. "I bet you can't catch me" she shouted, frisky, as she ran to Z'ev, softly pulling his left ear, playful. Increasing her speed, she surrounded them once more, barking challengingly.

Addressed: Z'ev, Ahora
Mentioned: Same
Notes: hahah, thanks, guys XD

View user profile
Ahora

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Grounds   Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:43 pm

Both of the other wolves said they were full too. Shina stated there was plenty of meat left over; Taking moment Ahora looked up towards the carcass, pondering where they could hide the extra meat for later. Perhaps a stump? Under a rock?  But then , Shina broke her thoughts, “But I can still run" making a fast movement and bouncing on Ahora. “ I bet you can’t catch me!” At first startled, once she realized it was a game Ahora giggled. As Shina barked running around, challenging Z’ev and Ahora, Ahora got up and barked back wagging her tail. She waited a moment until she began chase Shina. Ahora had a decent speed going, but Shina was too fast for her. After a few minutes, Ahora stopped in her tracks and sat down. She only now realized how dry her mouth was. Scanning the area around her she wondered where she could get a drink. She then looked at her fur, seeing how dirty it was. I should go get a drink and clean up. Ahora looked back towards Shina and Z’ev. “ Hey, I’m gonna go find some water, would you guys like to come? Maybe we could even find a stump near the water to hide the remaining meat in. It could lead any predators astray, 'cause it could remove the scent from it.”

Addressed: Shina, Z'ev
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Z'ev

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Grounds   Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:42 pm

As he watched Ahora and Shina have a casual conversation, he stood there calmly listening. Suddenly Shina jolted up bouncing at Ahora and pulling Z'ev's ear claiming that she could still run. She challenged playfully for the two canids to catch her. His eyebrow arose and his eyes widened at the playful atmosphere. It was so strange for him, like nothing he'd experienced before? Standing there dumbfounded he mumbled, "W-wha...?" Z'ev trotted behind Ahora watching her decide to chase Shina as they both started laughing. They were so energetic and fond of having fun. Fun wasn't what he often experienced. But deciding to break away from his past, he shook his pelt as he chased after Shina at top speed. Smirking as he got close to her, he decided to bite the tip of her tail gently. He didn't know how he was so close, he wasn't much of a speedy runner but it must have been the sudden rush of adrenaline that got him all energetic. Right when he was about to pounce on Shina, he noticed that Ahora stopped and sat down panting. He slowed down as he turned around listening to what she had to say. At this point, he felt almost embarrassed as just a few seconds ago he was chasing a she-wolf, for fun. He cleared his throat fixing his posture as Ahora claimed that she wanted some water, of course the hunt and the running must have made her quite exhausted and dehydrated. He nodded as she claimed to also bring the meat along. "Right. Good idea Ahora." The brute headed towards the carcass and grabbed it by its neck effortlessly dragging it to where ever the she-wolf decided to go. "Lead the way." He moved his head towards the direction of the nearby water. "C'mon happy feet." He made a remark as he looked towards Shina, she clearly loved running. It never hurt to have a little fun here and there.

Mentioned: Ahora, Shina
Addressed: ^

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shina

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Grounds   Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:37 pm

Shin giggled as Ahora started to run after her. She felt like a puppy bouncing around like nothing else mattered. Soon something touched her tail. She turned her head back to discover it was Z'ev. Well, that was news. He has been so serious since they met. He probably thinks I'm being childish - and indeed, she was. Why do I even care? she asked herself before slowing down. Shin held her head down, breathing fast as she listened to the brute clear his throat and recompose himself before the fae stated she was hungry and it would be a good idea to hide the carcass. She nodded and stopped her gaze in her creamish paws, that now were brown. A mix of blood and earth. Maybe she needed to clean herself as well.
"Right. Good idea Ahora" Z'ev replied, heading to the carcass. "Lead the way" he added. Shin gave a few steps towards the carcass, intending to grab one of its legs to help him, though he didn't look like he needed help. He was there, carrying that elk as if it was nothing through the snow, with the wind blowing slightly, messing the pelt of his back. Maybe I'm giving too much attention on what I should not. She scolded herself, diverting her gaze while she cleared her throat. "C'mon happy feet" Z'ev called, sounding like a joker. She gave him a quick glance before switching to the elk's leg that she crunched within her ivories as a grin began to appear in the corner of her mouth, soon dismissed. You're such a pup, she scolded herself once more, while rolling her eyes, dragging the carcass behind Ahora's lead.

Addressed: --
Mentioned: Ahora, Z'ev

View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Grounds   

Back to top Go down

Hunting Grounds
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2